Friday, October 9, 2020

The #FridayReads Review (10/9/20)


  

Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
Tunnel of Bones by Victoria Schwab (PBK)
I thoroughly enjoyed the first book in this ghostly MG series a few months ago (review) and once this sequel arrived I just couldn't hold off reading it in favor of more pressing titles. Just like City of Ghosts it is easy and engrossing with a chilling ghost story and lots of spooky atmosphere, and no surprise I'm already eager for the third book!


>> ON HOLD <<
The Language of Ghosts by Heather Fawcett (ARC)
The writing style was a lot thicker and the story a lot slower than I was expecting so I wasn't enjoying this as much as I'd hoped. I'm definitely still interested in reading it though, and plan to continue after Tunnel.


>> [POSSIBLY] READING NEXT <<
(subject to change with my ever-shifting reading whims)
Yokai Rental Shop by Shin Mashiba (PBK)
I was reminded of this series last week and discovering there are only four volumes, all released, I put them on library hold for an October binge. Possible review to come.


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment