Sunday, June 19, 2011

Project Updates: Inspiration can be a bad, bad thing...

Remember when I wrote last month on inspiration, and how it was okay to run with it as long as you go back to your current story once you're done? Well, there can be a flaw in this plan: what happens if the inspiration becomes the current story?

I have become so fascinated by Project V that it is dominating my attention right now. Even though I still don't have a clear picture of the world, I came up with a good beginning (after several false starts) and am now on Chapter 3, making it up as I go along (which is really what I do best). It's just so interesting, I can't stop!

That said, Project ID has been put on the back burner. I have been under the weather for the past few weeks and, mostly unable to write, lost my momentum. Although I know what to do for the next scene, after that I am completely lost as to where the story is going. This is why I don't normally write mysteries - too much to keep track of! I will have to go back and re-read what I have so far (again) and re-structure my plot points before I can go any further.

As for Project BW, being under the weather has made research difficult, and any I can do has gone towards Project V. So not much is happening.

I hope to get back to Project ID and ultimately finish before really diving into Project V, but until then writing is writing, so I'm not kicking myself too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment