Friday, March 21, 2014

The Friday Reads Review (3/21/14)



Welcome to The Friday Reads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own Friday Reads Review on your blog, and then leave the link in the Comments below!


An apology of absence...
Apologies for not posting a Friday Reads Review last week - I had a nasty cold that I am just now getting over and could barely look at the screen, let alone form a coherent blog post. Thank you to everyone for your well wishes on Twitter! <3


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke (Pbk)
I am at 700 of 850!! *prepares confetti* The story actually picked up a bit around 600, and now I can feel we're in the final stretch. This has been such a journey, I'm really curious to see how it will all end...


>> JUST FINISHED <<
Inu x Boku SS, Vol. 1Strobe Edge, Vol. 1 (Strobe Edge, #1)The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 11

I'm reading a lot of manga while I'm sick, most of it new. Here are the highlights:

Inu x Boku SS Vol. 1 by Cocoa Fujiwara (Pbk)
It wasn't quite as good as I was hoping, but still a fun and unique story. I look forward to reading more if the library collects them.

Strobe Edge Vol. 1 by Io Sakisaka (Pbk)
Expected to dislike this series and was pleasantly surprised just how amazing and adorable it is! Ah, the perils of falling in love with someone who isn't available, or who is in love with someone else. Luckily the library is collecting the whole series - I've already read Vol. 2, and will be getting 3-6 tomorrow!

The Gentlemen's Alliance Vol. 11 by Arina Tanemura (Pbk)
I finally finished this series! It was a good ending.


>> READING NEXT <<
Fool Me Twice
Fool Me Twice by Mandy Hubbard (ARC)
After a heavy read like Strange & Norrell, I'll want something light and fun - and this fits the bill! Major thanks to the publisher for sending it to me. <3


So what are you reading this week?

6 comments:

  1. Still reading that book from university, but last week I finished both Half Bad (Sally Green. 1 day.) and The Fault In Our Stars (John Green, no relation... I think!!! 3 days.) and I'm surprised I finished them so quickly! They were both very good reads, I felt somehow surprised on both counts.
    I feel I've fallen back in love with reading and I'm eager to get onto that TBR pile.

    Congrats on your progress with the college book! Almost there! c:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for awesome reads!! Hope you finish your book for university soon as well - we can do it! Thanks for sharing! :)

      Delete
  2. You're in the home stretch with Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell !! WaHooo! Can't wait to hear what you think of it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can tell already it's going to be quite a review.

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell. I might like to read it again someday ... but it IS so long!

    I just finished reading my CPs debut book, which was released this past week: West of Paradise by Marcy Hatch. It has come a long way since I saw it as a manuscript years ago! Thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check out West of Paradise - thanks for sharing! :)

      Delete