Friday, April 25, 2014

The Friday Reads Review (4/25/14)




Welcome to The Friday Reads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own Friday Reads Review on your blog, and then leave the link in the Comments below!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy, #1)
The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski (ARC)
I finally made time for this! And it's disappointing. I'm not big on her disjointed writing style, short half-scenes, and the romance that basically came from nowhere. I'm halfway through and struggling, but at least things are happening, finally.


>> JUST FINISHED <<
The Chapel Wars
The Chapel Wars by Lindsey Levitt (ARC)
While not the fun, upbeat story I was hoping for, and I really didn't buy the romance, it was okay, and I enjoyed the setting. Review to come.


>> READING NEXT <<
Searching for Sky

Searching for Sky by Jillian Cantor (ARC)
After the disappointing reads I've had lately, I'm really hoping this one blows me away.


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment