Friday, April 4, 2014

The Friday Reads Review (4/4/14)




Welcome to The Friday Reads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own Friday Reads Review on your blog, and then leave the link in the Comments below!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
Fool Me Twice
Fool Me Twice by Mandy Hubbard (ARC)
Just started this morning so only two chapters in, but this sounded fun and flirty so I'm excited!


>> JUST FINISHED <<
Jonathan Strange & Mr NorrellHouse of Ivy & Sorrow

Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke (Pbk)
IT IS FINISHED. And a whole day before my March 31st deadline! While extremely long, it was an interesting read. Review to come, if I can get all my thoughts in line.

House of Ivy & Sorrow by Natalie Whipple (ARC)
Went straight from Strange & Norrell into this and devoured it in a matter of days. I'm usually not much for witches, but this book was AMAZING - even better than Natalie's debut, Transparent! The focus on family and lack of boy obsession was so refreshing, and wow what a story. Gushing review to come!


>> READING NEXT <<
Wings (Wings, #1)
Wings by Aprilynne Pike (Pbk)
I'm really still debating what I'll read next (So. Many. Choices.), but I do need to get to this soon.

So what are you reading this week?

2 comments:

  1. "The focus on family and lack of boy obsession was so refreshing [...]"
    *sigh* Thank God. It's one of the reasons I'm getting so sick of YA. But as so many YA's are fantasy, which I adore, sometimes I must reconsider!

    Glad you liked it, hopefully I can give it a try sometime. But after I finish A Certain Scientific Railgun manga I wanted to move onto Pandora Hearts and then finally Ouran HSHC which I've been meaning to read for aaaaaaages.

    You finished Strange and Norrell! YAAAAAY =D Congrats! I'm still working my way through some long-ass book for uni but *sigh* let us not speak of it. e_e

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it was so nice for the girl not to obsess over the boy and rely on him to complete her and all that usual stuff in most YA right now. Definitely give it a read - I highly recommend it!

      I've never heard of ACSR - is it any good? Let me know what you think of Pandora Hearts! I'm all caught up (aka I read them as they release now), which is torture but life. XP And let me know what you think of Ouran as well - it was one of my favorite series back in the day (so hilarious).

      It's so nice to be free of Strange & Norrell, although now I'm dreading the 3-page "book analysis" I have to write on it. *shudder* Good luck with your college reading!

      Delete