Friday, December 11, 2015

The #FridayReads Review (12/11/15)



Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
Radiant (Towers Trilogy #1)Seraph of the End, Vol. 1 (Seraph of the End: Vampire Reign, #1)

Radiant by Karina Sumner-Smith (PBK)
While I am really enjoying this, it's not quite what I've felt like reading so it's been slow going this week. Deep into Part Two though and excited to see where the story leads!

Seraph of the End: Vampire Reign vol. 1 by Kagami & Yamamoto (PBK)
I'd seen a lot of buzz about this series so when I spotted #1 at the library I grabbed it. While the premise is pretty original, the plot and characters are not. It's been interesting enough I guess, but I set it down at Chapter 3 a few days ago and have yet to pick it back up.


>> JUST FINISHED <<
Love at Fourteen, Vol. 1 (Love at Fourteen, #1)The Ancient Magus' Bride Vol 1Idol Dreams, Vol. 1

Love at Fourteen vol. 1 by Fuka Muzitani (PBK)
3.5 Stars. A simple and sweet romance about two young teens growing into their first love. Much better than I'd imagined and I'll definitely be continuing the series.

The Ancient Magus' Bride vol. 1 by Kore Yamazaki (PBK)
4 Stars. A highly engaging fantasy that feels like it should be a novel but just words alone would not do the imaginative story justice. Not only will I be continuing the series, but I'm already collecting it. Highly recommend for reluctant manga readers who love fantasy!

Idol Dreams vol. 1 by Arina Tanemura (PBK)
4.5 Stars. Arina's stories tend to be too emotionally complicated for me (although I do read and enjoy them), but this "adult" series - which (by her own admission) shies away from a lot of the normal Arina touches - turned out to be a refreshing and relatable surprise that I will definitely be continuing and possibly collecting.  


>> READING NEXT <<
Alcatraz vs. the Evil Librarians
Alcatraz vs. the Evil Librarians by Brandon Sanderson (ARC)
Seriously excited to re-read this highly original and hilarious middle grade in its new illustrated form! Be on the lookout for my review early February.


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment