Friday, December 18, 2015

The #FridayReads Review (12/18/15)



Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
Insidious (The Twixt, #3)Black Butler, Vol. 21 (Black Butler, #21)

Insidious by Dawn Metcalf (PBK)
I've been in a serious novel reading slump so I decided a new book in a favorite series was in order! No surprise I was immediately sucked in with the first sentence and am quite enjoying it.

Black Butler vol. 21 by Yana Toboso (PBK)
I really enjoy this series, but I'm hoping this volume finally finishes the current arc - it definitely hasn't been my favorite, although it was certainly revealing.


>> ON HOLD <<
Radiant (Towers Trilogy #1)
Radiant by Karina Sumner-Smith (PBK)
While I am really enjoying this, it's not quite what I've felt like reading so I'm putting it on hold for now.


>> JUST FINISHED <<
Supervillains AnonymousThe Ancient Magus' Bride Vol. 2The Secret Sakura Shares

Supervillains Anonymous by Lexie Dunne (PBK)
2.5 Stars. FINALLY finished it. It started okay but I eventually had to force myself to read it and then couldn't bring myself to finish the last two chapters for over a month. Since it took me two months to read I can't recall exactly what my problems with it were, although I remember a lot of too-long chunks of either action or downtime that I had trouble pushing through. I partly blame my struggle on a wonky reading mood though, so I'll probably give it another try one day.

The Ancient Magus' Bride vol. 2 by Kore Yamazaki (PBK)
4.5 Stars. This is proving just my kind of story, with this volume even better than the first! After another serious cliffhanger, I can't wait to get my hands on the third!

The Secret Sakura Shares by Akira Hagio (PBK)
4 Stars. Sounded right up my alley so I took a chance and pre-ordered it one half-off B&N Manga Monday. Turned out to be sweet and funny and just what I was hoping for, although I wish the ending had wrapped up more. 


>> READING NEXT <<
Of the Red, the Light, and the Ayakashi, Vol. 1
Of the Red, the Light, and the Ayakashi vol. 1 by nanao & HaccaWorks* (PBK)
Another half-off B&N Manga Monday title. I adore stories relating to Japanese spirits, especially foxes, so when this popped up I couldn't resist!


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment