Friday, April 22, 2016

The #FridayReads Review (4/22/16)



Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
The Knights of Crystallia (Alcatraz, #3)
The Knights of Crystallia by Brandon Sanderson (HBK)
Needed a light, playful read so of course I grabbed the next Alcatraz! It's been less adventurous than the first two books, but still fun and witty and thoroughly enjoyable.


>> ON HOLD <<
The Incredible Adventures of Cinnamon Girl
The Incredible Adventures of Cinnamon Girl by Melissa Keil (HBK)
This surprisingly hit a little too close to home and I found myself needing a break halfway through (hence Alcatraz). It's a good read though, about growing up and growing apart from one's friends.


>> JUST FINISHED <<
Bloody Mary, Vol. 2
Bloody Mary vol. 2 by Akaza Samamiya (PBK)
3 Stars. Relatively interesting but still a little too vague and airy. Will give it one more volume.


>> READING NEXT <<
Tsubasa: WoRLD CHRoNiCLE 2
Tsubasa: World Chronicle vol. 2 by CLAMP (PBK)
I re-read vol. 1 and enjoyed it much more the second time, so immediately ordered vol. 2 - it should arrive this afternoon!


So what are you reading this week?

1 comment:

  1. I feel like every time I turn around, there's a new Brandon Sanderson book I hadn't heard about! Lol! He's one prolific writer.

    ReplyDelete