Friday, July 12, 2019

The #FridayReads Review (7/12/19)



Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
Rage (Stormheart, #2)
Rage by Cora Carmack (ARC)
I really enjoyed Roar (review here) so I've been eager to read this sequel. It started quiet as they acquired information and plotted their next move, but the strong writing made for a breezy read until the intrigue and action kicked in. Now about a third through the pretty thick book and reluctant to put it down!


>> JUST FINISHED <<
The Dire King (Jackaby #4)
The Dire King by William Ritter (PBK)
3 Stars. I really struggled with this one - had to stop halfway through and read a few other books before pushing through to the end, and despite a lot of end-of-the-world action I was sadly indifferent. Glad I read it and finished the series, though. Review to come.



>> [POSSIBLY] READING NEXT <<
(subject to change with my ever-shifting reading whims)
Seriously Shifted (Seriously Wicked, #2)
Seriously Shifted by Tina Connolly (PBK)
I thoroughly enjoyed Seriously Wicked (review here) and so immediately purchased the second in the series. A few other books had to be read first, but I think the time has finally come for this magical beauty!


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment