Friday, July 5, 2019

The #FridayReads Review (7/5/19)



Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
Competence (Custard Protocol, #3)
Competence by Gail Carriger (ARC)
Re-reading this as part of the The Great 2019 Parasolverse Read-Along, and to catch up on the series before the final book, Reticence, releases next month! It's my favorite Custard Protocol book so far (see my review here) and I'm thoroughly enjoying the antics and wit it once again.


>> JUST FINISHED <<
Roar (Stormheart, #1)
Roar by Cora Carmack (ARC)
4 Stars. Re-read. This was even better than the first time - I'd forgotten how strong the writing is, how interesting the plot, and how thrilling the magic. You can check out my first read review here.



>> [POSSIBLY] READING NEXT <<
(subject to change with my ever-shifting reading whims)
The Dire King (Jackaby #4)
The Dire King by William Ritter (PBK)
Going to attempt to finish this next (it was previously Paused, see post here). Steeling myself for a struggle, but I so hate leaving a series unfinished when I've already invested 3 books and now I'm SO CLOSE.


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment