Friday, July 26, 2019

The #FridayReads Review (7/26/19)



Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
Reticence (Custard Protocol, #4)
Reticence by Gail Carriger
Scored a slightly early copy and couldn't help but start it immediately. I was already expecting this to be my favorite Custard Protocol book, but I'm enjoying it EVEN MORE than expected which I didn't think possible. New character Arsenic is currently grappling with Sophronia for favorite Parasolverse female ever, and Percy is positively adorkable. And now they are heading to Japan for unknown adventures!! Needless to say I'm having a VERY hard time putting it down.


>> JUST FINISHED <<
Rage (Stormheart, #2)
Rage by Cora Carmack (ARC)
3.5 Stars. Definitely a middle book with predictable twists, but overall an engrossing read with great action, interesting magic, and engaging characters. Looking forward to Book 3 next year! Review to come.


>> [POSSIBLY] READING NEXT <<
(subject to change with my ever-shifting reading whims)
W Juliet, Vol. 6
W Juliet vol. 6 by Emura (PBK)
After over half a decade I'm finally re-reading this series for review and possible purge. It was a previous favorite but now I'm finding it repetitive and struggling to maintain complete interest with 14 volumes to the series. Still I'm determined to finish and will try to pick it back up after diverting Reticence completes. 


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment