Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Teaser Tuesday: All Systems Red (Martha Wells)


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme now hosted by The Purple Booker, wherein you open your current read to a random page and share two teaser sentences from it.


This week I'm featuring the first novella in The Murderbot DiariesALL SYSTEMS RED, by Martha Wells. It's a quick and engrossing science fiction survival thriller of murder, escape, and corporate conspiracy on an unexplored world, and I enjoyed it so much I devoured it in half a day. For the teaser I offer the first three sentences of the book, which tell exactly what you can expect from the story and its awkward and highly relatable main character - don't let the "Murderbot" moniker fool you.


All Systems Red (The Murderbot Diaries, #1)

"I could have become a mass murderer after I hacked my governor module, but then I realized I could access the combined feed of entertainment channels carried on the company satellites. It had been well over 35,000 hours or so since then, with still not much murdering, but probably, I don't know, a little under 35,000 hours of movies, serials, books, plays, and music consumed. As a heartless killing machine, I was a terrible failure."

ADD TO GOODREADS


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment