Friday, June 19, 2020

The #FridayReads Review (6/19/20)



Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
Fortune's Pawn (Paradox #1)
Fortune's Pawn by Rachel Bach (PBK)
I am on SUCH a sci-fi kick right now I can't get enough, so I decided to re-read this SF favorite about a kick-arse female, a mysterious ship security position, and dangerous happenings in space. My review says I really enjoyed it, and so far I agree; I'm also quite enjoying that I've already reviewed it so no review required (I've been struggling a little with reviews lately). You can read my review here.


>> JUST FINISHED <<
Artificial Condition (The Murderbot Diaries, #2)Rogue Protocol (The Murderbot Diaries, #3)Exit Strategy (The Murderbot Diaries, #4)
Artificial Condition by Martha Wells (HBK) - 3 Stars
Rogue Protocol by Martha Wells (HBK) - 5 Stars
Exit Strategy by Martha Wells (HBK) - 5 Stars
I have finished the four Murderbot novellas and now desperately await my library hold for the novel. After loving Book 1, I have to admit I found Book 2 a bit of a mess, but Books 3 & 4 were even better than Book 1 - the plots, the characters, and the tension were engrossing and delightful, and Murderbot was pure perfection. I've already re-read (and re-loved) Book 1 and will be re-reading the rest soon!


>> [POSSIBLY] READING NEXT <<
(subject to change with my ever-shifting reading whims)
The Last Smile in Sunder City (The Fetch Phillips Archives, #1)
The Last Smile in Sunder City by Luke Arnold (PBK)
Once I sate my sci-fi kick I think I'll give this new library hold a try. A PI who helps fantasy creatures in a world that's lost its magic? Intriguing.


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment