Friday, September 11, 2020

The #FridayReads Review (9/11/20)



Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!



>> CURRENTLY READING <<
A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird, #1)
A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray (ARC)
I've been struggling to settle on a novel to read, so when this randomly caught my eye I just started reading and after an engrossing first page I'm now several chapters in. I actually already read it a few years ago and recall enjoying it (my review), and with the entire trilogy now on shelf I've been planning a re-read soon anyway. I'd forgotten it's a multiverse story, not time travel, but that's just made it cooler.


>> JUST FINISHED <<
Midnight Sun (Twilight, #5)
Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer (HBK)
1.5 Stars. An extremely painful Twilight revisit that I somehow finished before my library borrow came due. Like reading a very, very, VERY long fan fiction of tortured internal monologue and never-ending scenes, but I guess I'm glad I read it, if only to say that I have. Review to come.


>> [POSSIBLY] READING NEXT <<
(subject to change with my ever-shifting reading whims)
The Captive Kingdom (The Ascendance Series, #4)
The Captive Kingdom by Jennifer A. Nielsen (ARC)
Looking forward to revisiting this world and its characters again!


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment