Wednesday, February 10, 2016

WoW: The Incredible Adventures of Cinnamon Girl (Melissa Keil)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blogging event hosted by Breaking the Spine, in which one spotlights an upcoming release they are eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:


The Incredible Adventures of Cinnamon Girl
Title: The Incredible Adventures of Cinnamon Girl
Author: Melissa Keil
Release Date: April 1, 2016
Publisher: Peachtree Publishers
Summary:
Alba loves her life just as it is. She loves living behind the bakery and waking up in a cloud of sugar and cinnamon. She loves drawing comics and watching bad TV with her friends. The only problem is shes overlooked a few teeny details. Like, the guy she thought long gone has unexpectedly reappeared. And the boy who has been her best friend since forever has suddenly gone off the rails. Even her latest comic book creation is misbehaving. Also, the world might be ending-- which is proving to be awkward. As doomsday enthusiasts flock to idyllic Eden Valley, Albas life is thrown into chaos. Whatever happens next, its the end of the world as she knows it. But when it comes to figuring out her heart, Armageddon might turn out to be the least of her problems.

Why I'm Looking Forward To It: Comics + bakery + end of the world = a story I've been dying to read since it was originally published September 2014 in Australia! So excited that Peachtree is bringing it to the states, and with illustrations!


So what book are you waiting on?

2 comments:

  1. I think this has been released before because I know I have it on my Kindle with a different cover. I have heard great things about it in the past so I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy! This one reminds me of one of my granddaughters, who loves drawing cartoons and comics. Thanks for sharing. Here's mine: “THE GIRL IN THE RED COAT”

    ReplyDelete