Friday, August 5, 2016

The #FridayReads Review (8/5/16)



Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
The Mirror King (The Orphan Queen, #2)Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

The Mirror King by Jodi Meadows (ARC)
I had planned to pause and read Harry Potter before tackling this sequel, but after the serious first-book cliffhanger I went straight into this. Now paused about 25 pages in but so far so engaging!

Harry Potter & the Cursed Child by John Tiffany & Jack Thorne (HBK)
The format is taking some time to get used to, but it's...interesting, I guess? About 70 pages in and so far I'm not very impressed. Especially a bit frustrated with Albus's lack of proper motivation - when Harry did stupid stuff, at least he typically had a pretty plausible reason.


>> JUST FINISHED <<
The Orphan Queen (The Orphan Queen, #1)
The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows (ARC)
4 Stars. Began rather awkward with lots of infodumping and too many characters to keep straight, but slowly built into an intense and engrossing read with a cliffhanger ending that had me dashing to the bookshelf for the sequel. Review to come.


>> READING NEXT <<
Barakamon 7 (Barakamon #7)Barakamon 8 (Barakamon #8)
Barakamon vol. 7 & vol. 8 by Satsuki Yoshino (PBK)
I've really been enjoying this quirky small-town series, and am rather glad I took so long to discover it so I can now binge a bunch of volumes!


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment