Friday, October 18, 2019

The #FridayReads Review (10/18/19)



Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)
Cinder by Marissa Meyer (PBK)
Was in a vague sci-fi mood so I finally grabbed this favorite for a re-read (I never finished the series and have been eager to). Although I was a little wary (second reads of older favorites can go bad for me), I'm loving it just as much as I did before! I also don't remember pretty much all of it so it's like reading a whole new book (one of the very few perks of sieve brain). Already excited for Scarlet next, which I recall I enjoyed even more than Cinder.


>> JUST FINISHED <<
Me & My Brothers, Vol. 11 (Me & My Brothers, #11)
Me & My Brothers vol. 11 by Hari Tokeino (PBK)
4 Stars. Re-read of the entire series for review. A cutie classic from my shelves about a teen girl who goes to live with her four stepbrothers and falls for the late-twenties eldest. Enjoyed the romance and hijinks as much as previous reads, despite the story moving way too fast. Review to come!


>> [POSSIBLY] READING NEXT <<
(subject to change with my ever-shifting reading whims)
Natsume's Book of Friends, Vol. 23
Natsume's Book of Friends vol. 23 by Yuki Midorikawa (PBK)
Expecting this in the mail soon and I'm excited for a new volume of adventures with Natsume! I rather hope this favorite series never ends.


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment