Friday, October 25, 2019

The #FridayReads Review: #FierceReads Edition (10/25/19)



Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2)
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer (PBK)
Dove straight into this sequel after devouring Cinder and no surprise I have been burning through it too! My dislike for 3+ POVs has only grown over the years and this one has... well, at least 5 (I've lost count) so it's not quite as enjoyable as Cinder was, but I've still been reluctant to put it down and am now only a few dozen pages from the end. So happy this series is just as engrossing as I remembered! 
(You can read my original review here.)


>> JUST FINISHED <<
Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)
Cinder by Marissa Meyer (PBK)
4.5 Stars (re-read). I was a little wary to re-read this (second reads of older favorites can go bad for me), but I loved it just as much as I did before. I also didn't remember pretty much all of it (one of the very few perks of sieve brain), so it was like reading a whole new book! A brilliant and original fairytale retelling with relatable characters, an amazing world, and a stellar plot. You can read my full original review here.


>> [POSSIBLY] READING NEXT <<
(subject to change with my ever-shifting reading whims)
Pitch Dark
Pitch Dark by Courtney Alameda (ARC)
I should slide straight into Cress but feel the need for some serious chills for Halloween so I'm planning to finally tackle Courtney's YA space horror! 


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment