Friday, May 15, 2020

The #FridayReads Review (5/15/20)



Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
The Power of Nunchi: The Korean Secret to Happiness and Success
The Power of Nunchi by Euny Hong (HBK)
With a little normalcy returning to my world I've finally felt like reading non-fiction again, so I grabbed this from my library pile and in less than a week I'm already two-thirds through. While a little repetitive at first, it's been an easy and interesting read and I've especially enjoyed learning about not just nunchi but Korean culture. Looking forward to observing just how much (or how little) nunchi I possess once we can be more social again.


>> JUST FINISHED <<
Vanessa Yu's Magical Paris Tea Shop
2.5 Stars. A lighthearted contemporary of magic and romance that I unfortunately did not enjoy due to the misleading title, flat and flowery description, inconsistent main character who despised her gift, and a romance I did not ship. I did appreciate the clean story with its happy ending, but otherwise there was disappointingly little I enjoyed in this book. I'd still be inclined to recommend it for female romance readers as a summer beach read though, but only if you are decently educated and interested in France, fashion, elevated food, art, and architecture. Review to come.


>> [POSSIBLY] READING NEXT <<
(subject to change with my ever-shifting reading whims)
Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
Nyxia by Scott Reintgen (PBK)
I'm back to drafting a YA sci-fi novel of mine and would like a sci-fi read to keep me focused and inspired, so it might be time for a re-read of this with a possible plan to work through the whole trilogy. We shall see...


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment