Friday, May 8, 2020

The #FridayReads Review (5/8/20)



Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
Vanessa Yu's Magical Paris Tea Shop
I'm typically not much for adult novels, but I couldn't resist a story about fortunetelling magic in the real world with travel and romance in France. I immediately struggled with the flat writing style though, and with its copious specific details and "obvious" landmarks the book makes me feel uneducated without the promise of teaching me enough to understand. This has made for a rather dull read as so much of the description is lost on me, but at around 25% into it now I'm currently just curious enough to try and read the whole thing. No promises, though.


>> JUST FINISHED <<
Rebel Magisters (Rebel Mechanics, #2)
Rebel Magisters by Shanna Swendson (PBK)
4 Stars. An exciting sequel of intrigue and adventure with engaging action, interesting characters, and a swoony slow burn romance. If you enjoy alternate histories with magic then definitely give this series a try. Ordering the sequel now! Review to come.


>> [POSSIBLY] READING NEXT <<
(subject to change with my ever-shifting reading whims)
Defy or Defend  (Delightfully Deadly, #2)
Defy or Defend by Gail Carriger (PBK)
I'm really looking forward to a new fix from favorite author Gail Carriger and my copy is finally on its way!!


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment