Friday, May 22, 2020

The #FridayReads Review (5/22/20)



Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
Sabriel (Abhorsen,  #1)
Sabriel by Garth Nix (MMP)
I've been meaning to re-read this classic for many years now and finally my friend-personalized copy caught my eye on the shelf. I recall not being particularly impressed with my initial read, but although it's been a bit slow and different it's also steady and interesting with unique magic so I think I might actually be enjoying it a little more this time around.


>> JUST FINISHED <<
The Power of Nunchi: The Korean Secret to Happiness and Success
The Power of Nunchi by Euny Hong (HBK)
3 Stars. A little repetitive at first, but overall an easy and interesting read. I especially enjoyed learning about not just nunchi but Korean culture. Looking forward to observing just how much (or how little) nunchi I possess in future social situations.


>> [POSSIBLY] READING NEXT <<
(subject to change with my ever-shifting reading whims)
Everything Isn't Terrible: Conquer Your Insecurities, Interrupt Your Anxiety, and Finally Calm Down
Everything Isn't Terrible by Dr. Kathleen Smith (HBK)
I actually got halfway through this, and was interested in finishing, when the pandemic hit and I didn't feel like non-fiction for a while. Now finally back to NF again, and I think I'll start this over for a fresh read.


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment