Friday, May 1, 2020

The #FridayReads Review (5/1/20)



Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
Rebel Mechanics
Rebel Mechanics by Shanna Swendson (PBK)
Needed a light read I'd already reviewed (feeling a bit burned out this week) so I grabbed this with possible plans to try the sequel afterwards. The beginning was a little rough to get into, but it didn't take long before I was totally engrossed thanks to the entertaining characters and quick plot. Now I'm quite enjoying this alternate historical intrigue of magic and romance, and am reluctant to put it down. You can read my original review here.


>> JUST FINISHED <<
Cross X Break, Volume 2
Cross X Break vol. 2 by Duo Brand. (PBK)
3.5 Stars. Interesting isekai story with unique world and magic elements, although the artwork is somewhat amateurish with laughably skewed proportions. Intrigued to see where the plot is going, wish I had more...


>> [POSSIBLY] READING NEXT <<
(subject to change with my ever-shifting reading whims)
Eva Evergreen, Semi-Magical Witch
Won an early ARC (yes, I squealed) of this Kiki's Delivery Service-esque MG story, so I plan to devour it as soon as it's out of quarantine!


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment