Friday, July 10, 2020

The #FridayReads Review (7/10/20)



Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!

>> CURRENTLY READING <<
Heaven's Queen  (Paradox #3)
Heaven's Queen by Rachel Bach (PBK)
In my original series read this was my least favorite of the trilogy, but after not enjoying Book 2 as much as I previously did I haven't been surprised to discover I'm enjoying this final book a lot more than before. After Book 2 was so heavy on the paranormal this on-the-run diversion has been a return to the action-adventure aspect I loved from Book 1, and although I know it will eventually devolve once more into the paranormal, the break has been a pleasant one (even if it has been a bit sappy).


>> JUST FINISHED <<
Honor's Knight (Paradox, #2)
Honor's Knight by Rachel Bach (PBK)
4 Stars. Re-read. I'm surprised this was previously my favorite of the series as it takes a wide detour from the sci-fi action-adventure foundation into heavy paranormal, and I'm now not a fan. But perhaps that's what I preferred back in 2014? Thankfully there was plenty of action to still keep me relatively engrossed, and I was definitely invested enough to finish my trilogy re-read.



>> [POSSIBLY] READING NEXT <<
(subject to change with my ever-shifting reading whims)
The Weirn Books, Vol. 1: Be Wary of the Silent Woods
The Weirn Books, Vol. 1 by Svetlana Chmakova (HBK)
This first volume in the new Weirn Books series finally came in at the library! I really enjoyed the original teen series (review here), so I've been looking forward to more stories in the magical world.


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment