Friday, July 3, 2020

The #FridayReads Review (7/3/20)



Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
Honor's Knight (Paradox, #2)
Honor's Knight by Rachel Bach (PBK)
Continuing my Paradox trilogy re-read with the second book. I'm surprised it was previously my favorite of the series as it takes a wide detour from the sci-fi action-adventure foundation into heavy paranormal, and I'm not a fan. But perhaps that's what I preferred back in 2014? Thankfully there's enough action to still keep me relatively engrossed, and I am curious to remember how it all ends so I plan to finish the series once more.


>> JUST FINISHED <<
Cutting-Edge Space Tourism
Cutting-Edge Space Tourism by Kevin Kurtz (HBK)
3 Stars. My obsession with sci-fi has branched into reality (and writing research) and I checked out a bunch of non-fic books about space to peruse. Although short and simple, this was an interesting one for me because I had no idea we are getting so very close to sending tourists into space! Maybe it'll actually happen in my lifetime after all.



>> [POSSIBLY] READING NEXT <<
(subject to change with my ever-shifting reading whims)
The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet (Wayfarers, #1)
The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers (PBK)
My sci-fi obsession continues, so as the Paradox trilogy has diverted into paranormal I grabbed this new series for a hopefully more grounded sci-fi read.


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment