Friday, July 17, 2020

The #FridayReads Review (7/17/20)



Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
Network Effect (The Murderbot Diaries, #5)
Network Effect by Martha Wells (HBK)
A copy FINALLY came in at the library! Unfortunately, I really haven't been enjoying it all that much. The unusually described action and movement have been a serious struggle to follow, Murderbot acts like an annoying petulant teenager (especially in the first half of the book, ugh), and with so many extra pages the story is taking its time to walk us through Every. Single. Step. of their "adventure." What I understand of the action is interesting though, and I'm still a big Murderbot fan so I'll be sticking it out to the end. But this is definitely gunning for least favorite of the series.


>> JUST FINISHED <<
Heaven's Queen  (Paradox #3)
Heaven's Queen by Rachel Bach (PBK)
4 Stars. Re-read. Despite a little more discussion and sappiness than I prefer, overall I enjoyed this re-read a lot more than my original 2014 one due to the on-the-run first half and thrill-packed second. The end wrapped up way too neat for the violent mess the story was, but I enjoyed that most of the characters got what they wanted. A must-read if you read the first two.



>> [POSSIBLY] READING NEXT <<
(subject to change with my ever-shifting reading whims)
Horimiya, Vol. 14
Horimiya vol. 14 by HERO X Daisuke Hagiwara (PBK)
The next Horimiya volume releases this Tuesday! As one of my favorite contemp romantic comedy manga series, I will be reading it as soon as possible.


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment