Saturday, November 2, 2013

Enter NaNoWriMo

I've been in a serious writing slump the past month or two. Not from lack of wanting, but simple blockage, blogging obligations, and life in general. So I decided drastic measures were called for.


Enter National Novel Writing Month. I've done Nano seven years straight with only one failure (last year, due to health issues and group leader responsibilities), so I thought perhaps this year I'd sit it out, take a break. But after struggling to write all summer and into the fall, when a good story idea struck me in mid-October I scribbled a few notes, updated my Nano profile, and prepared for a serious pantsing project. I'm going back to my roots, attacking an idea with nothing more than a handful of sentences and half-empty character profiles.

I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am!!

My presence online shouldn't change much, and the blog shouldn't suffer - I actually have most of my reviews already Scheduled. (IT'S A MIRACLE I KNOW.) And I'll have at least two giveaways, possibly three, so be on the lookout for them. I don't know how much I'll talk Nano here - maybe I'll do a weekly update on my progress? We'll see.

If you want to find me on the Nanowrimo site, I'm nekowriternyan. As for my pantsing project, I've chosen to start with a NA Sci-Fi Thriller (details on my profile). I say "start" because I have a tendency (more like a tradition, really) of switching stories on November 3rd...and I already have an idea lined up for it. (A YA Fantasy that's pretty awesome, so yeah, not looking too good for the NA Sci-Fi right now.) We'll see what happens.

So who's doing Nano this year? Sound off!

No comments:

Post a Comment