Friday, March 18, 2016

The #FridayReads Review (3/18/16)



Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
Railhead
Railhead by Philip Reeve (ARC)
Just started this today! The writing is a bit stinted but it's highly imaginative, and the trains make me think of Galaxy Express 999. Also, the MC is a boy of color! #diverseYA


>> JUST FINISHED <<
Tell the Wind and FireHowl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)

Tell the Wind and Fire by Sarah Rees Brennan (ARC)
3.5 Stars. A tale of love, magic and revolution that began awkward but finished strong and tear-soaked and broke my heart. Review to come.

Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones (PBK)
5 Stars. Had a few really sick days and needed a comfort read so I picked this up for the umpteenth time. A playful and magical tale that no matter how many times I read it never ceases to be an engrossing delight! Absolutely adore the movie as well, which uses the basic structure and characters of the book but is really a completely different story. Highly recommend both.


>> READING NEXT <<
The Incredible Adventures of Cinnamon Girl
The Incredible Adventures of Cinnamon Girl by Melissa Keil (HBK)
Next, my pretty, next...


So what are you reading this week?

2 comments:

  1. Howl's Moving Castle is one of my FAVORITE books and movies, I love it so much! I'm thrilled to see that you enjoyed it as well! I'm currently reading The Rose and the Dagger, and though I'm not very far in, I'm loving it already ^_^

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Howl is one of my absolute all-time favorites!! I've lost count of how many times I've read the book and seen the movie. I haven't read Wrath and the Dawn yet, but I've heard amazing things! How's the sequel coming?

      Delete