Friday, August 2, 2019

The #FridayReads Review (8/2/19)



Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
Listen to Your Heart
Listen to Your Heart by Kasie West (ARC)
Discovered an unread Kasie book on my shelf and naturally had to read it next! As typical with Kasie I can't put it down, and the advice podcast plot is fun and interesting. But what's especially interesting: no official romantic interest! There are two candidates and the mystery of who it'll ultimately be is keeping me glued to the page. 


>> JUST FINISHED <<
Reticence (Custard Protocol, #4)Romancing the Inventor (Supernatural Society, #1)

Reticence by Gail Carriger
4.5 Stars. As expected, a thoroughly delightful read. Percy was adorkable, Arsenic gave Sophronia a run for her money as my favorite Parasolverse female, and the surprise third POV was such fun! I also rather enjoyed the Japanese shifters. Wish there was more to come... The Further Adventures of the Custard Protocol, anyone? Full review to come.

Romancing the Inventor by Gail Carriger (PBK)
3 Stars. A quick if lusty read in which a favorite Parasolverse character finally finds lasting love. The sex was a little more descriptive than asexual me is comfortable with and the violent sexual harassment was an unpleasant surprise, but for the most part I enjoyed seeing many of the old gang again and will continue to read all Parasolverse books to see what becomes of everyone.


>> [POSSIBLY] READING NEXT <<
(subject to change with my ever-shifting reading whims)
W Juliet, Vol. 8
W Juliet vol. 8 by Emura (PBK)
Still making my way through the series. I continue to find this previous favorite now repetitive and struggle to maintain complete interest with 14 volumes to the series, but it has gotten a little better the last few volumes. Do look for a review when I eventually finish! 


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment