Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: The Elite

It's time for Teaser Tuesday, a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading, where you open your current read to a random page and pick two teaser sentences.

This week I'm re-reading The Selection by Kiera Cass, in preparation to tackle the upcoming sequel and today's teaser title, The Elite, due to release in late April (Goodreads). Today's sentences are the very first of the book, and are quite squeeful, in my opinion. Flipping around, though, I can tell you that America still has a lot to learn - and I may have caught sight of a catfight. Or two. ;} Enjoy!

The Elite (The Selection, #2)

"The Angeles air was quiet, and for a while I lay still, listening to the sound of Maxon's breathing. It was getting harder and harder to catch him in a truly calm and happy moment, and I soaked up the time, grateful that he seemed to be at his best when he and I were alone."


So what are you reading this week?

2 comments:

  1. Nice teaser! Here's my Tuesday First Chapter/Teaser for my current read: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2013/03/first-chapter-first-paragraph-5-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I'm looking forward to this one! awesome teaser!

    http://notjustnonsense.blogspot.com.br/2013/03/teaser-tuesday-43.html

    ReplyDelete