Friday, March 31, 2017

The #FridayReads Review (3/31/17)



Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
Geekerella: A Fangirl Fairy TaleThe Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing

Geekerella by Ashley Poston (HBK)
Although I always forget I'm not much for Cinderella retellings until I start reading them, this has been a fun read with great characters and fandom and I'm quite enjoying it! Especially love Darien (heartthrob actor on the outside, geek on the inside), and the witty texts.

The Live-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo (HBK)
I'm currently on a woman-possessed spring-cleaning binge (which is why I haven't been blogging the past few weeks), and this has been a great inspiration. Not following it to the letter (we differ in opinion on some things), but I'm still getting a lot from it and look forward to reading the sequel directly after.


>> JUST FINISHED <<
The Good, the Bad, and the Uncanny (Nightside, #10)
The Good, the Bad & the Uncanny by Simon R. Green (MMP)
2.5 Stars. A transitional, almost prologue-esque volume that was less a coherent book and more a collection of random acquaintance interactions sandwiched between two brief adventures with only a very flimsy thread of a rumor to string them together. Still, the writing is finally up to snuff and the world and characters remain highly engaging and entertaining, so while this volume was probably the worst so far I do look forward to continuing the series.


>> [POSSIBLY] READING NEXT <<
(subject to change with my ever-shifting reading whims)
Blood Rose Rebellion (Blood Rose Rebellion, #1)
Blood Rose Rebellion by Rosalyn Eves (ARC)
The author's coming to my local indie next month so this jumped to the top of my pile!


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment