Wednesday, March 1, 2017

WoW: Defy the Stars (Claudia Gray)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blogging event hosted by Breaking the Spine, in which one spotlights an upcoming release they are eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:


Defy the Stars
Title: Defy the Stars
Author: Claudia Gray
Release Date: April 4, 2017
Publisher: Little, Brown
Summary:

Noemi Vidal is a teen soldier from the planet Genesis, once a colony of Earth that's now at war for its independence. The humans of Genesis have fought Earth's robotic "mech" armies for decades with no end in sight. 

After a surprise attack, Noemi finds herself stranded in space on an abandoned ship where she meets Abel, the most sophisticated mech prototype ever made. One who should be her enemy. But Abel's programming forces him to obey Noemi as his commander, which means he has to help her save Genesis--even though her plan to win the war will kill him. 

Together they embark on a daring voyage through the galaxy. Before long, Noemi begins to realize Abel may be more than a machine, and, for his part, Abel's devotion to Noemi is no longer just a matter of programming.



Why I'm Looking Forward To It: As my most anticipated read of 2017, you can imagine my shock when I discovered I'd yet to feature this! I really enjoyed Claudia's A Thousand Pieces of You (review) and couldn't have been more excited when this full-on Sci-fi was announced. It looks to be just my sort of read and I've heard nothing but amazing things, so needless to say I've been scrambling to get my hands on an ARC!


So what book are you waiting on?

1 comment:

  1. I'm really curious about this book! Hopefully we both enjoy it :D I haven't read Claudia's trilogy yet, but I have that on my TBR as well :)

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete