Friday, October 9, 2015

The #FridayReads Review (10/9/15)



Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
Waistcoats & Weaponry (Finishing School, #3)Fairy Tail Blue Mistral, Vol. 1

Waistcoats & Weaponry by Gail Carriger (PBK)
Although I will tell anyone who's listening (and some who aren't) how amazing Miss Gail's books are, I always forget just how amazing until I read one again - and re-reads are no exception! Devouring this pretty once more in preparation for the release of the final book, Manners & Mutiny, next month, and if the new quote markers I've been adding are any indication it's an even better read the second time!

Fairy Tail: Blue Mistral vol. 1 by Mashima & Watanabe (PBK)
Spin-off series for a slightly younger audience. A cute adventure, but unfortunately nothing special.


>> JUST FINISHED <<
A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird, #1)One-Punch Man, Vol. 1 (One-Punch Man, #1)

A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray (ARC)
3.5 Stars. An engrossing read with fascinating universes but a less than fascinating plot. Review to come.

One-Punch Man vol. 1 by ONE & Murata (PBK)
2 Stars. Sick superhero satire serial series. Complete madness...and yet I've now read 2 volumes...help...


>> READING NEXT <<
Made to Kill
Made to Kill by Adam Christopher (ARC)
A robot noir set in an alternate 1960s LA about a robot detective/hitman. Not my usual cup of tea, but I'm definitely intrigued! Received from the publisher for consideration.


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment