Friday, September 29, 2017

The #FridayReads Review (9/29/17)



Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
A Semi-Definitive List of Worst NightmaresThe Hollow Bettle (Poisons of Caux, #1)

A Semi-Definitive List of Worst Nightmares by Krystal Sutherland (ARC)
I've been craving light, simple reads of late and that typically means contemporaries, so I grabbed this purple pretty. Currently 45% through and while it does have some fun and snark that I'm enjoying, it also has a dark, somewhat unsettling side that I fear won't end well. Still, I'm invested enough to see it through.

Poisons of Crux: The Hollow Bettle by Susannah Appelbaum (PBK)
I'm currently out of sorts thanks to the season transition so due to a sudden desperate need for a young and magical read I pulled this randomly off the shelf. While normally I would've DNFd this wandering and non-linear story not 50 pages in (I think I actually did, long ago), for now I'm just enjoying the mindless magical adventure. 


>> DNF <<
Traveler (Traveler #1)
Traveler by L.E. DeLano (ARC)
DNF at Page 45. Another Swoon Reads bites the dust. *sigh* Despite the protagonist being a writer I just didn't connect with her, and although the alternate worlds premise was interesting I couldn't even get through the explanation of how they worked to reach the actual travelling into them. Mainly though the story didn't feel properly balanced, and I wasn't really fond of the writing style. Would recommend Claudia Gray's A Thousand Pieces of You instead.


>> [POSSIBLY] READING NEXT <<
(subject to change with my ever-shifting reading whims)
Renegades (Renegades, #1)
Renegades by Marissa Meyer (ARC)
*FLAILS*


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment