Friday, October 31, 2014

The #FridayReads Review (10/31/14)



Welcome to The Friday Reads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own Friday Reads Review on your blog, and then leave the link in the Comments below!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
The Bone Season
The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon (Pbk)
This is NOTHING like I expected, which has proven both a good and a bad thing. Nevertheless, it is completely engrossing - halfway through and I can't stop reading!


>> JUST FINISHED <<
The Earl and The Fairy, Vol. 01 (The Earl and the Fairy, #1)
The Earl & the Fairy Series by Ayuko (Pbk)
A 4-volume manga series about a young man with a tortured past seeking revenge and a young woman who can communicate with fairies that ends up helping him on his way to finding peace. Of course they fall in love (sort of) while attending to intrigues with magical elements. There was a talking cat  for her (her "familiar," for lack of a better title), and a killer servant for him. I'm pretty sure they are based on a Japanese novel series, so I think Vols. 1 & 2 were one book, and Vols. 3 & 4 were another. It was quite good (I adore men with tortured pasts!), so I wish they had done more. Possible review to come.


>> READING NEXT <<
Curtsies & Conspiracies (Finishing School, #2)
Curtsies & Conspiracies by Gail Carriger (Pbk)
I decided I really want to read this again before devouring Book 3, so as one does I ordered the shiny new paperback (I haven't read it finished yet). If Bone Season wasn't so good I'd be reading my ARC again right now...


So what are you reading this week?

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about The Bone Season. It wasn't exactly what I was expecting either, but I did enjoy it, but not as much as I thought I would. On the other hand, I will be reading the next one.

    ReplyDelete