Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Top Ten (Twelve) Books I'm Looking Forward To In 2015


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish! This week's topic: 

Top Ten (Twelve) Books I'm Looking Forward to in 2015

Prudence (The Custard Protocol, #1)Polaris (Avalon, #2)Reborn (Altered, #3)A Darker Shade of Magic (A Darker Shade of Magic, #1)The Sin Eater's DaughterRazorhurstDeath Marked (Death Sworn, #2)The Fill-In BoyfriendThe Leveller (The Leveller, #1)School for SidekicksRed Queen (Red Queen Trilogy, #1)Seriously Wicked

(Also known as the top 12 with covers off my "need-like-air-2015" Goodreads shelf. ;)
  1. Prudence (Gail Carriger) Tops is most definitely the first book in Gail Carriger's new adult series, The Custard Protocol! Can't wait to see what antics Alexia's metanatural daughter gets up to!
  2. Polaris (Mindee Arnett) Really enjoyed Avalon, so I can't wait to find out what happens in this sequel to the duology! This series is not for the faint of heart though, so even in my excitement I'm steeling myself for some serious bleep to go down - and even worse than before. Poor, poor Jeth.
  3. Reborn (Jennifer Rush) I am a HUGE fan of this series - I swear, Jennifer is writing it just for me. (For proof, see my reviews of Book 1 & Book 2.) Looking forward to getting some more answers to the mystery and "seeing" the boys again soon!
  4. A Darker Shade of Magic (V.E. Schwab) Just tell me a book has magic and I'm game, but magic plus Londons (plural), cross-dressing thieves, (aspiring) pirates, a royal who is equal parts Prince Harry and Jack Harkness, epic magicky fights scenes, and coats with more than two sides? YES PLEASE.
  5. The Sin Eater's Daughter (Melinda Salisbury) Awesome killer magic! A beautiful cover! And who doesn't want their definition of YA fantasy shattered? Let's do this!
  6. Razorhurst (Justine Larbalestier) Assassins. Ghosts. The Mob. This sounds like Mind Games and White Cat had a kid in the Tardis and it sees dead people!
  7. Death Marked (Leah Cypess) Magic + Assassins - my two favorites back together again! I really enjoyed the first book, Death Sworn, and can't wait to see how it all ends!
  8. The Fill-In Boyfriend (Kasie West) It's by Kasie West - do I need any more reason than that? Her writing and storytelling skills are top-notch, and if a book has her name on it, I will read it.
  9. The Leveller (Julia Durango) - An action-packed virtual reality story! I'm so game.
  10. School for Sidekicks (Kelly McCullough) If it's a story about superheroes (especially a school for either), I'm all over it like spandex on Spider-man. This sounds like Sky High but WAY better!
  11. The Red Queen (Victoria Aveyard) This. Sounds. SO. GOOD. And THAT COVER. Enough said.
  12. Seriously Wicked (Tina Connolly) - Witchy antics! Cute demon-possessed boys! Zombiefied friends! Pet dragons living in the garage! Why would I not want to read it?
So what books are you looking forward to in 2015?

8 comments:

  1. I love the Altered series so I am super pumped for Reborn. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks! I'm so excited for The Fill-In Boyfriend, I cant wait to get my hands on that. A lot of yours are ones I'm quite excited for, but didn't add to my list. I am very excited for Red Queen, just completely forgot about it though. 2015 is going to be a brilliant year for books. I hope you enjoy of these when you finally get to read them :) Here's my STS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Fill In Boyfriend and Red Queen are at the top of my 2015 wishlist! I haven't heard of The Leveller before but it looks really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices! I've been excited for Red Queen for so long now! Also A Darker Shade of Magic sounds so interesting!

    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Sin Eater's Daughter looks really interesting, it made my list too. So did A Darker Shade of Magic and Red Queen. Lots of great releases next year!
    Great List!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are a lot on your list that look awesome. I hadn't heard of Seriously Wicked before, but it looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list! I can't wait to read Red Queen and The Fill-In Boyfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yey another Death Sworn fan :D I keep wanting to start Death Marked RIGHT NOW but keep making myself wait until a couple of other books are read, sigh, soon my precious!

    ReplyDelete