Monday, November 9, 2015

Small Screen Review (11/1/15-11/7/15)



I watch quite a bit of telly. More than I should, really. So since I watch as much television as I read books, I thought I should "review" what I watch each week, both television and movies (I only watch movies on DVD at home, long story). Nothing fancy, just a few sentences about what I thought of what I watched. (I'll try to avoid spoilers, but no promises.) Comment with your thoughts on the shows!

Special Note: Sorry this disappeared a few weeks! It should be back to its regularly scheduled slot now.




This Week's Best Episode
Once Upon a Time

NEW SHOWS

Supergirl: Although Episode 1 wasn't quite as bad as I'd thought it would be, after putting off watching Episode 2 for a week it looks like we'll be passing on the show.

CONTINUING SHOWS

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Oh yeah there were other threads besides Gemma's alien planet one. A tense and interesting episode, and I did NOT see the twist coming. Next week should be good!

Blindspot: Finally a pretty solid episode with some interesting twists to come. I really enjoyed Patterson's boyfriend so I'm hoping he returns somehow.

Bones: How they continue to come up with new ways for bodies to be found astounds me. An entertaining episode.

Castle: On hiatus. Sadly, I'm not crushed.

Elementary: It's back!! This is one of the rare shows where I care more about the characters than the cases, and so far I'm intrigued by where Sherlock and Watson's story is heading. Definitely looking forward to next week.

Fresh Off the Boat: Eddie's stories finally begin to entertain! Loved last week's Halloween solution and this week's affairs of the heart. There's hope for the boy after all.

The Great British Baking Show: So proud of Ruby as she continues to excel despite her best efforts. Rooting for her to take the crown now, and at the moment it appears she's at the top with Kim.

iZombie: Another excellent episode, although I'm not crazy about the [re]budding romance.

Last Man Standing: We were a little lost about what was going on since we haven't seen last season, but funny as always.

Limitless: An interesting episode. I like that the voices in his head are multiplying - it shows the madness that's still growing teeth under the shot's effects, and I'm hoping it continues.

Master Chef Jr.: It's back, and wackier than ever. Quite the young lineup this time, and not as impressive. But reality show contestants are rarely impressive in the first episode, so I'll suspend judgment for now.

The Muppets: Highly amusing but we're losing interest with the show.

Once Upon a Time: A focus on Dark Swan, Belle and Hero Rumple equaled an epic episode I absolutely enjoyed and easily earned best episode of the week! Not impressed with the Arthur thread but at least we've hit a turning point so stupidity won't be quite as rampant.

Person of Interest: Season Premiere Unknown

The Player: Always an exciting watch but there were a lot of inconsistencies this week, and both overarching threads are confusing.

Scorpion: A really good episode since Ralph played a big part (Ralph is our favorite). But while the show is getting better, the inconsistencies of intelligence between the characters and the show's writers lead to a lot of frustration and screaming at the screen.

DVD

Haven (Season 1): As I eagerly await the new season, I got a serious craving for the show and picked up Season 1 again. So far I'm enjoying it even more than I did the first time!




Cinderella: Although I'd heard more bad than good about this movie, I of course had to see it. While my mother enjoyed it, I found it unexceptional and rather dull except for the bites of humor and Helana.


So that's it for this week! What did you watch?

2 comments:

  1. AHHH, the Great British Baking Show! What season are you on?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever's currently running on PBS. I think it's supposed to be the American 2nd season, but it's actually the British 4th season or something like that. :P

      Delete