Wednesday, November 11, 2015

WoW: Raging Sea (Michael Buckley)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blogging event hosted by Breaking the Spine, in which one spotlights an upcoming release they are eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:


Raging Sea (Undertow, #2)
Title: Raging Sea (Undertow #2)
Author: Michael Buckley
Release Date: February 2, 2016
Publisher: HMH BYR
Summary:
In the first book of Michael Buckley’s Undertow trilogy, the Alpha arrived and the world was never the same. At the start of the second book, most of south Brooklyn is in ruins and the nation is terrified. Nearly everyone that Lyric Walker loves is either missing or presumed dead, including the mesmerizing prince Fathom. It’s up to Lyric to unite the Alpha before the second wave of a cataclysmic invasion wipes out mankind for good. 

The Undertow trilogy is an unforgettable reading experience that author E. Lockhart calls, "Allegorical and romantic, the book nevertheless reads like an action movie with especially awesome CGI."

Why I'm Looking Forward To It: I recently devoured the first book, Undertow (review to come), and after the explosive ending I'm eager to get my hands on this sequel! 


So what book are you waiting on?

5 comments:

  1. I loved the first one of this as well! Hoping for an ARC from the publisher soon. Great pick!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting cover! I'd not heard of this book (though I think I've heard of Undertow?). I hope you enjoy this book when you read it!

    Have a fabulous day, Skye. :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an epic cover! I haven't heard of this series before -- will definitely check it out. Here's mine: http://editingeverything.com/blog/2015/11/12/wow-the-world-according-to-anna/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read this one as well. I really liked Undertow

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I STILL need to read Undertow. I love it that the covers match though - at least you know right away what series it belongs to. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete