Monday, November 23, 2015

Small Screen Review (11/15/15-11/21/15)



I watch quite a bit of telly. More than I should, really. So since I watch as much television as I read books, I thought I should "review" what I watch each week, both television and movies (I only watch movies on DVD at home, long story). Nothing fancy, just a few sentences about what I thought of what I watched. (I'll try to avoid spoilers, but no promises.) Comment with your thoughts on the shows!




This Week's Best Episode
Limitless


Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: We're growing rather tired of the Inhumans/ATCU thread, and Mom was so put off by Ward torturing people that she up and dropped the show in the middle of the episode. Can't we just focus on the Gemma/alien planet thread from now on and forget the rest?

Blindspot: The whole strong physically but insecure and weak as a limp rag emotionally is starting to really get on my nerves. But the premise is just a little too interesting to drop the show. Argh.

Bones: A solid episode.

Castle: As usual, Alexis proves how awesome she is. Oh, and the rest of the cast were okay too. At least the boys finally made up.

Elementary: Why is it that after a few seasons writers always insist on softening Sherlock's character? *SIGH* I am enjoying Watson stepping up to fill his former badarse role, though.

Fresh Off the Boat: Thanksgiving episode. Surprisingly not that funny - I think it could've been a lot better. And they cut things to fit in more commercials! NOT COOL, YO.

The Great British Baking Show: Final episode. Argh Ruby had it in the bag until the showstopper! So disappointing. Surprisingly poor performance all around though, and although the winner did deserve it based on that day's bakes, as Paul said about the pretzel challenge: You may have won, but don't clap. Still it was an enjoyable season of a highly enjoyable show and we can't wait for the next round!

iZombie: Not their best episode.

Last Man Standing: Thanksgiving episode with lots of feels. Could've been better, I think, but not bad.

Limitless: When they allow Brian's fun to take precedence, the show becomes one of the best I've ever watched - ergo it's no surprise that this week's episode takes Best of the Week! So much fun.

Master Chef Jr.: Pending...

The Muppets: Amusing.

Once Upon a Time: With zero foreshadowing it's no surprise that I did not see the big twist coming (I swear, the writers are making the story up as they go along). Without going into spoilers there really should've been some type of foreshadowing though, and since there wasn't any, and considering what it did to Emma's character, it only made the twist worse for me. I'm now 90% put off the show. Possibly 95%. If the next episode isn't All the Hero Rumple and Belle All the Time, then I'm out. It was doing so well - what a letdown.

Person of Interest: Season Premiere Unknown

The Player: The kidnapping was a little much, but otherwise some interesting developments and good action.

Scorpion: Exciting, I guess. Did not see the twist coming, so kudos there. 

DVD

Haven (Season 1): Continues to entertain.




Avengers: Age of Ultron: Coming Soon

The Incredibles: Re-watch Coming Soon

Iron-Man Trilogy: Re-watch Coming Soon


So that's it for this week! What did you watch?

No comments:

Post a Comment