Sunday, November 29, 2015

Small Screen Review (11/22/15-11/28/15)



I watch quite a bit of telly. More than I should, really. So since I watch as much television as I read books, I thought I should "review" what I watch each week, both television and movies (I only watch movies on DVD at home, long story). Nothing fancy, just a few sentences about what I thought of what I watched. (I'll try to avoid spoilers, but no promises.) Comment with your thoughts on the shows!




This Week's Best Episode
Elementary


Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: No new episode this week.

Blindspot: We finally get a few interesting (albeit mostly foreseen) answers and some really interesting developments...and the show won't return until February. *SHAKES FIST*

Bones: No new episode this week.

Castle: I honestly don't know how Castle and Beckett can get mad at each other for keeping huge secrets to protect the other when they take turns doing it every season. Still, I think it'll be nice finally having them back together. Maybe. We'll see.

Elementary: Another strong episode that takes this week's Best. I'd never actually heard of thruples and the like before, so that was interesting.

Fresh Off the Boat: No new episode this week.

iZombie: No new episode this week.

Last Man Standing: No new episode this week.

Limitless: Another stellar episode, but we're NOT happy with the father thread - it doesn't fit his initial personality, and the impending threat is not one we're looking forward to. Would've taken best episode otherwise.

Master Chef Jr.: I feel bad for whoever handles the judges' wardrobes, having to stock two of everything. And their hair and makeup people, poor things. Several kids are already standing out as true contenders, which is unusual but exciting. At the moment I'm expecting Addison, Tae-Ho, Kya and Kaitlyn to go far.

The Muppets: No new episode this week.

Once Upon a Time: No new episode this week.

Person of Interest: Season Premiere Unknown

The Player: No new episode this week.

Scorpion: Exciting but sad. Was really worried Walter would end up brooding the rest of the season, but I think we're safe. Hopefully. *crosses fingers*

DVD

Haven (Season 1): Finished. My enjoyment tapered off a little at the end, and seeing as next season prominently features the Rev (my least favorite character) I'm not sure if I'll be continuing my re-watch into Season 2.




Avengers: Age of Ultron: Another thrilling installment with great action and some interesting character development. Absolutely loved the Hulk-Natasha thread. Now eager to re-watch the first movie. And the second Thor movie. And the second Captain America movie. In other news: what do we have to do to get a Ruffalo Hulk movie already? And a pre-Avengers Black Widow movie goes without saying.

The Incredibles: Re-watch. A seriously amazing superhero movie about family - great story, great acting, great comedy. I really need to get a copy for my collection!


So that's it for this week! What did you watch?

No comments:

Post a Comment