Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Nano, Day 1: Not So Surprising Changes

Dear Diary,

While popping out for a quick scone, two figures in black tossed me in a trunk and drove away. I now find myself locked in some sort of cell, in an unknown location, with no way to get out.

After screaming for several minutes, my captors informed me I will only be held for 30 days, and then I will be free to leave. I fear the worst at home, but have contented myself to my plight. They were kind enough to give me this diary, a fuzzy pink little book with the words "Spoiled Princess" emblazoned across the front in glitter.

I would have rather had my scone.

Yours affectionately,
Inner Editor


~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~


Nano, Day 1

Choosing a story to write for November is my hardest decision. I will go through several changes during October, only to discover on November 1st that the story I finally chose does not feel like being written now.

This is what happened to me today. My planned story (NGGU) wouldn’t come out even with a shoehorn, so I finally started looking elsewhere found my original plan (Plant Life) felt like speaking up. It’s boring and a lot like last year’s (which is why I ditched it), but I made word count so I’m not complaining. But I know for a fact that this is not the story I want to write this month, so the search is once more on.

I am considering going rogue (or rebel, as it is known) and tackling the rest of Project V and some of Project V: Book 2 (it's going to be a trilogy). But I want to exhaust all other options first. Will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment