Saturday, November 12, 2011

Nano Day 12: Writing Along, Writing Along...

Dear Diary,

It has been a horrid day, my comforting friend. Utterly horrid.

When the guards saw that I was playing with my books without even reading them, they talked to my host and begged for leniency. They were quite excited to tell me this morning all about their success, and presented to me a freshly printed manuscript, a gift to tide me over.

Although it was a distraction away from my mission to escape I did not want to disappoint my guards, so I sat down with the nub of a red pencil they had brought me and began to read...

Ugh, I feel sick all over again, just writing about it...

It is the most horrific manuscript I have ever laid eyes on. And old story, written long ago before even I had any idea of what I was doing. I barely got three chapters in before I could take no more and had to lie down.

I believe my host means to torture me, but she will not prevail. I have written the guards a nice thank you note, and after scribbling all over the pages to make it appear that I have thrown myself into the retched work, I have begun my digging with a new passion.

Yours in fighting spirit,
Inner Editor



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~



Nano, Day 12

Today was my Region's first annual DAY OF WRITING SAFE & WARM. The official site has their NIGHT OF WRITING DANGEROUSLY, so we created our own. I think it went rather well, and everyone seemed very productive in word count.

I got in a few thousand words of my own today, and am just shy of 25K! The assistant is currently plotting out how to spring a terrorist from agent headquarters to trade for her boss - and so am I. A few minutes of thought will need to go into this caper before I continue.

The little gray cells are calling. Happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment