Thursday, November 10, 2011

Nano Day 10: Uncharted Territory

Dear Diary,

I apologize for not writing yesterday, my fellow captive, but after a day of scraping in the dirt my hands were too cramped to hold the pen.

After another day today they are slightly less cramped, but ugly blisters have begun to blossom. I fear I shall never hold a pen right again, but if I do not extricate myself from this cell I may never wield that beautiful red pencil at all.

Ah, the blisters begin to bleed. Do excuse me while I rip the end of my dress for bandages...

Yours no matter the injury,
Inner Editor

 


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~



Nano, Day 10

Work was CRAZY yesterday and I didn't get any new words written, so I took off Nano blogging to preserve what was left of my sanity.

Today was spent entirely at home and as such offered three separate writing opportunities which produced almost 4,000 words! XD My best day so far this month.

Story-wise I have reached the point where my outline reads: "So now they are on the run." This means I shall finally have to actually think about my next move. And as yesterday's RTW clearly stated, middles and plotting are NOT my forte. But I'm used to it and have prevailed at least five times before. I shall prevail once more!

There is still a whole second page of outline left, but this is for the THIRD Part of the story. For the Second Part, there is only the above sentence, and this: "After much frustration, and lots of arguing, romance ensues between uncle and assistant." Yeah, I can be extremely helpful to myself, can't I? ;)

I am already on a new, unplanned scene though, and it is coming along relatively well so far - although I have absolutely no idea where it will lead (but that's half the fun, isn't it? ;). The uncle overheard a phone conversation by the assistant (when she said no phones since they are hiding out) and now thinks his fears are confirmed that she is, in fact, a bad guy. The uncle and the assistant are currently arguing, with guns pointed at each other, because he is trying to make a break for it with the boy and she has to convince him that she's a good guy and they must stay in the safe house and keep together.

But is she really a good guy? Dun-dun-dun... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment